On May 14th, we hosted a very special event at St John, Angell Town, commemorating our 170th anniversary.
This event included a dedication service and a festival Eucharist led by Bishop Christopher, providing an opportunity for the Brixton community to gather and rejoice.
St John’s church was officially consecrated in 1853 by the Bishop of Winchester. Over the past 170 years, it has played a vital role in the community, promoting justice and peace among the local population.
The church has recently unveiled plans to renovate its hall, aiming to enhance its capacity to support the community’s well-being and youth development needs.
Reverend Robert Faulkner, the vicar at St John, Angell Town, expressed gratitude for God’s faithfulness in sustaining worship in the church for the past 170 years. He acknowledged the dedication and commitment of those who have worshipped there before. He prayed for the congregation to continue being faithful witnesses of the Gospel, shining a light in the darkness and spreading God’s love and mercy.